and, Peas and Crayons, I’m just not sure how this works.
None the less, until I get further instructions ;), below is what I ate drank for breakfast today. Orange juice and not much of it.
Scratch that – looks like I got it!?
Today is a good reminder to me about why I bought the OJ — in case I forgot to make my oatmeal! And I did. By the time I thought about breakfast, it was closer to noon. Shame on me for going to the computer first.
Using the following ingredients, I finally got off my butt and made a healthy salad.
☆ To start, from the big bag of Dole pre-washed and chopped lettuce, the lettuce! What a god send! There aren’t many bagged lettuce I trust to be fresh, but this is one of them.
☆ Next, the per-grilled (by me) grilled chicken. I should stop pre-grilling for convenience. The chicken was dry and it made the salad a little less enjoyable; only a little than it could have been. (Stop being so lazy!)
☆ The salad dressing! My favorite and I use very little. You will notice the bottle behind the dressing — this is how I pour it over the salad. Better distribution, for sure.
☆ Then, the watermelon… In the store this was sold as “Personal Seedless Watermelon”. It is the size of a …. well, it’ small and great for poolside. Just eat it out of itself!
☆ and the melon balls
☆ Least I forget the cheese — just a little of it! I find using a potato peeler is the best tool for the job and I only used the amount you see sliced. It’s cheese, it’s kind of no-no but a girls gotta find a few treats in her salad, right?
And finally, THE SALAD
Not gonna lie to ya — this was A LOT of work!!!
not the post. the salad!
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Smoky Guajillo Vinaigrette (mrsbuenavida.wordpress.com)
- Boston Lettuce, Snap Pea, and Radish Salad with Green Garlic and Buttermilk Dressing, and Goodbye Dan Melia! (brooklynguyloveswine.blogspot.com)
- Menu plan Monday for the week of May 28, 2012 (knittingzeal.typepad.com)
- Unrefrigerated salad dressing components (ask.metafilter.com)
- Recipe for Chicken and Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro (kalynskitchen.com)
- Northern chicken in the southern city (lookatvietnam.com)
- WIAW #4 – Lots & Lots of Photos! (bellaonthebeach.wordpress.com)